Salads have always been popular as a diet method since they’re low in calories, but often these recipes aren’t enjoyable since they’re so bland. Who says salads have to be depressing or only made with kale? This green bean and cherry tomato salad is the perfect combination of flavor, texture, and nutrition.
This recipe makes about four servings at 163 calories and provides 10 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of protein, and 14 grams of fat. It’s best served as a side dish, although you could easily add in an additional source of protein to make it a standalone meal. Even people who don’t like green beans will love the taste of this salad!
When preparing the green beans, remember to trim off the ends before you boil them. It will help if you run them under cold water afterward to stop the cooking process and cool them down. You can also plunge them in an ice bath if you’d like to speed up the cooling process.
You’ll spend more time preparing the vegetables than you will actually be cooking, so it’s a great salad to make for when you’re low on time. Although you should serve it immediately after adding the sauce, you can always keep it in the fridge for a few days and eat it as leftovers.
Pin this recipe to save it for later and share it with your friends. Let me know whether you liked it and if you tried anything different! Don’t forget to take a picture when you’ve finished cooking, and tag me @jennyleeisme in your post so I can see it.
GREEN BEANS & CHERRY TOMATO SALAD
- 1 lb. green beans (450g)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (150g)
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅓ cup coriander chopped, (15g)
- 2 tbsp. .lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil (60ml)
- Trim the stem end of the green beans.Bring water to a boil in a large pot, and cook the beans for 3 minutes. Then drain and rinse with cold water, allowing them to cool completely.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and place in a salad bowl. Once beans are cool cut them in 1-2 inch pieces and add to the salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by placing the dressing ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until a smooth sauce has formed. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add the sauce to the green beans and tomatoes and mix well until coated. Serve immediately as a salad or side dish.Store covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Leave a Reply