Keep this recipe saved for those evenings where you don’t feel like cooking or need to get rid of veggies in your fridge! This garlic zucchini and tomato pasta is full of flavor and takes less than twenty minutes to prepare.
The pasta dish provides about 8 grams of protein per serving, which you can easily increase if you add in some mushroom or spinach. It’s a hassle-free way to get a great balance of carbs, fats, and proteins in under 300 calories. This recipe makes enough for four servings, enough to feed the family or save for meal prep later in the week!
Although this recipe calls for zucchini and cherry tomatoes, you can add any other vegetables you might have on hand! Try this recipe with different gluten-free noodle variants, like Shirataki noodles, soba noodles, or multigrain pasta. The combination of olive oil, garlic, and chili blends the flavors nicely and will taste fantastic with anything!
It would help if you also tried tossing in a bit of pasta water to the pan when mixing everything since it will help bind and thicken up the oil and garlic into a nice sauce. Top with chili flakes, parsley, and some grated vegan cheese to make it aesthetically pleasing!
Share your attempts at this recipe with the rest of our wonderful community so we can support each other during our journey to eating healthier! Tag my socials @jennyleeisme whenever you upload a picture so I can check them out, too. Pin this recipe, share it with your friends, and leave a comment below letting me know how it was!
GARLIC ZUCCHINI & TOMATO PASTA
- 4 cup brown rice pasta cooked (150g)
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (150g) halved
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika chilli flakes smoked to taste
- 2 teaspoon parsley dried
- 4 tablespoon vegan Parmesan grated (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packaging.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a pan and sauté the zucchini and cherry tomatoes for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add in the crushed garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and mix well—season with smoked paprika and chilli flakes.
- Divide between bowls and top with vegan Parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
Leave a Reply