SESAME TEMPEH STIR-FRY
- 7 oz tempeh (200g) cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 carrots chopped or cut into thin strips
- ½ broccoli head florets
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- t tablespoon sesame seeds to garnish
- spring onion or chives to garnish
- 3 cup brown rice (585g) cooked
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook the tempeh for about 6 minutes, occasionally stirring until browned on each side.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing ginger, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add half the sauce to the pan with the tempeh, mix until coated, then remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the carrots, broccoli and pepper, and remaining sauce to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Next, add in the tempeh and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Once ready, serve with ¾ cup cooked brown rice, sesame seeds, and sliced spring onion or chives.