Whenever you hear the word scramble, you immediately think of breakfast eggs, right? Well, this version is made with chickpeas and perfect for any time of day! The mashed chickpeas have a great texture and flavor, which pair perfectly with the avocado and cooked spinach.
This recipe yields two servings at 417 calories, with about 56 grams of carbohydrates, 19 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat. All of the ingredients used in this dish are whole foods, so you don’t have to worry about getting enough nutrition in your meal.
The turmeric in this scramble brings such a gorgeous yellow hue to the dish--it looks like a piece of art! You can add virtually any other kind of spice to increase the flavor profile even more if you want. This recipe is incredibly delicious with some slices of tempeh or over a bed of brown rice!
Remember to set tin foil over the chickpeas after you’ve finished cooking them to keep warm until the spinach is done. Fortunately, you don’t have to wait too long since it will only take a few minutes to wilt. All in all, this recipe takes under half an hour to cook, making it the perfect weekday dinner for when you’re tired and pressed for time!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let us know below what you thought of it! Don’t forget to pin it and share it with your friends and family, too. I love seeing your versions, so tag me @jennyleeisme the next time you post a picture of your cooking attempts. Enjoy this meal and happy cooking!
- 2 cups canned chickpeas drained,(330g)
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion small, finely diced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 8 oz spinach (230g)
- ½ avocado
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork,leaving some whole. Mix in the turmeric and paprika, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Next, add in the mashed chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl, cover with tin foil and set aside. Using the same pan wilt the spinach, adding a tablespoon of water.
- Once ready, divide the spinach between 2 bowls, top with the chickpeas and serve with ¼ avocado.
Leave a Reply