This recipe is great for those mornings when you don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing breakfast but are sick of eating cereal. It is bright, energizing, healthy, and so tasty! Everyone online has been incredibly obsessed with smoothie bowls lately, and with good reason! They’re super easy to make, inexpensive, and can keep you feeling full without eating many calories.
You’ll get just under 300 calories with this recipe, but a whopping 49 grams of carbohydrates, 23 grams of protein, but only 2 grams of fat. By adding the vanilla protein powder into the blend, you get more energy and feel fuller for longer. The fruit also provides a great source of vitamins and antioxidants.
I use red berries and bananas in this smoothie bowl, but you can use any and every kind of fruit! I personally love the bright reddish pink color from the berries the most. You can substitute coconut milk for any other type of milk, too, such as almond or soy, but try and opt for an unsweetened one whenever you can. The sweetness from the vanilla protein powder is already strong enough--you don’t want the flavors to overpower the fruit.
Smoothie bowls are some of the most popular dishes on the internet, as everyone is obsessed with the vibrant color profiles and creative toppings. Throw some shredded coconut, granola, or chia seeds on top to complete your bowl and post a picture of it on your profile, remembering to tag me @jennyleeisme. If you have any questions or suggestions for this recipe, leave a comment below to let us know!
PROTEIN BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 cup red berries frozen, (150g)
- 1 banana small, frozen
- ¼ cup coconut oil (60ml)
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
- Place frozen berries and banana in a high-speed blender or food processor and blitz on low for about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and protein powder, and blend on low again,scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft-serve consistency. Add more milk if necessary, to reach desired consistency
- Transfer into a serving bowl and top with favorite toppings.